Posts tagged Windows 7
I’ve been using this little trick ever since my early XP days and still using it with Windows 7, and was surprised that this wasn’t a more common tip/trick
This registry hack moves your IE Favorites off to the network (your home drive) and allows you to have your favorites follow you no matter which computer you are sitting at
The H:\ Drive is my network drive. Move your Favorites folder from your Profile and to the Network drive, then change the registry keys bellow.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]
That’s it, any computer you log into, you must also edit the same keys to point to the network drive, but then again, you will never have to email yourself links. (I’ve never tried this using Dropbox, but I bet it would work)
Yeah this post is not going to win any awards for innovation, but hey, who knows, it might just help someone out.
I got more Nerd Stuff comming your way. Yeah it seems that there’s alot of that going around, but what can I say, I spend half the day in front of a computer, half behind a camera, and half under my card (yes thats 3 halfs).
Note that the screen shots are from Windows XP but will work the same way in windows 7, Vista, Whatever (I did it on my windows 7 laptop and it worked)
- Install the Verizon Card as a modem (The One I have is a Verizon PC5740 which is not even supported in Windows 7), this card is actually a Curitel PC Card and the Driver that you need is the Curitel PC Card Composite Device drivers 184.108.40.20611
- After you have the card installed, create a new dial up network connection
- Give the connection a name (I picked verizon card, but you can call it whatever you want)
- Username is : firstname.lastname@example.org
Password is : vzw (default for all Verizon cards)
Note that cardphonenumber is the number of YOUR card, you wont believe how many questions I get asked on this
- Done, Enjoy your new toy (Side Note: Sprint uses the same card so I’m prettu sure these intructions will work for the Sprint card as Well)
Sorry about the missing images guys, someone hacked the site and deleted everything, and I didnt have a backup, If enough people ask I will re-do the screen shots, sorry!!